Fanless Dual LAN Bitcoin WiFi unit.
Plug and play, provide the unit ethernet and turn it on.
BitcoinWiFi paired with any point of sale solution in stores equals very convenient way for customers to pay, by allowing the bitcoin point of sale device to run on this WiFi, while also allowing customers to connect to this WiFi.
Is the BitcoinWiFi really worth 10x the cost of other Wifi routers?
Technically it’s comparing two different target markets.
The BitcoinWiFi is custom built and optimized for many concurrent users. It is focused on handling much more throughput, compared to a consumer Wifi router. And it accepts Bitcoin payments for internet usage!
AC Adapter, vertical stand and antenna included.
Incredibly small router with Dual Gigabit LAN and 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi.
The BitcoinWiFi unit is powered by a 1.6GHz Dual Core N2600 Atom processor, Intel NM10 Express chip set on a 3.5in SBC motherboard (just 148 x 102mm). Stylish industrial chassis provided with AC Adapter and vertical stand.
1x CFast card containing firmware for BitcoinWiFi system.
Internal Mini PCI-Express (utilized by Wireless 802.11 b/g/n card).
Memory: 1x 204-pin 2GB DDR3 SODIMM running at 800MHz.
Front Panel: Power switch, Power LED, HDD LED.
12V power socket (connects to supplied 60W AC Adapter).
2x USB 2.0.
2x Realtek RTL8111EVL Gigabit LAN.
1x 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Antenna.
Additional Internal Headers:
These connectors are not usable with the chassis closed, but the information is provided for alternative uses:
2x USB Headers for up to 3x USB 2.0 ports.
1x 24-bit Dual Channel LVDS & 1x 18-bit Single Channel LVDS, Inverter Headers.
4x Serial Port Headers (3x RS232, 1x RS232/422/485).
1x 8-bit GPIO header (4x GPI, 4x GPO).
Universal 100-240V External 60W AC Adapter with UK power cord connects to 12V power socket.
153 x 110 x 35 mm / 6 x 4.33 x 1.38in (W x H x D); Volume: 0.584 litres.
1. User connect to “BitcoinWiFi” and by visiting a website, brings them to a captive portal where it displays. Pay (defined by the operator) Bitcoin for 24 hour, 5 days or 1 month access.
2. User can easily pay by pre-generated QR code or Bitcoin URI. Bitcoin connections on port 8333 is always open, and access are granted to sponsors website without restrictions.
3. To generate QR codes and Bitcoin URIs, the operator can define Invoice API key of their payment gateway in the settings of the BitcoinWiFi unit.
4. The unit features a captive portal, a small web server. By parsing the blockchain for payments the unit opens the internet connection for paying users in real-time.
5. The operator have the possibility of receiving the payment directly to their bank account in local currency via the payment processor or keep payments in Bitcoin.
Customizable and Open source – The BitcoinWiFi unit can be converted and refurbished to an mini-PC by replacing BitcoinWiFi open source firmware with custom firmware.
Responsive web design – The Captive Portal is built with responsive web design, providing a seamless experience for mobile users as well.
Return on investment is not guaranteed, but if you set it up in a crowded place, one can only imagine?
Default webConfigurator login